Παρασκευή 25 Ιουνίου 2010

Soothsayer [by Lena Kallergi]

Bones
Entrails
Skins of slaughtered animals
Precious nails
Ankle bones
All burn together
And their smoke is lost
In the darkness
Unread.

If you don’t receive a blessing
From the blood
The beast won’t talk to you
However much it knows.

I have no idea
Where the other limbs are
I see a few tendons
On my plate.

I’ve never seen
Thigh bones
Or dark shoulder blades
But people study the stars a lot.

I only see
Meat hooks in the streets
Wide open ribs
Hollow.

I see
Secret hecatombs
In my packaged meat.

(
translated by Socrates Kabouropoulos and Edward Smallfield)


Οιωνοσκόπος


Κόκκαλα
Σωθικά
Δέρματα σφαχτών
Πολύτιμα νύχια
Κι αστράγαλοι
Καίγονται όλα μαζί
Κι ο καπνός τους χάνεται
Στο σκοτάδι
Αδιάβαστος

Αν δεν πάρεις ευχή
Απ’ το αίμα
Δεν σου μιλά το κτήνος
Όσα κι αν ξέρει

Δεν έχω ιδέα
Πού είναι τ’ άλλα μέλη
Λίγους τένοντες
Ξεχωρίζω στο πιάτο

Μηριαία οστά
Και σκούρες ωμοπλάτες
Δεν έχω δει
(Τ’ άστρα, πάντως,
Τα μελετούν πολύ)

Βλέπω μόνο
Τσιγκέλια στους δρόμους
Πλευρά ορθάνοιχτα
Κούφια

Βλέπω
Κρυφές εκατόμβες
Στο πακεταρισμένο μου φιλέτο

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου