Τετάρτη 30 Ιουνίου 2010

The Finding [by Katerina Iliopoulou]

So many places at the same time
Can be inhabited
Although they are invisible
Even a life
Can insist while being latent
Like a language
Which is about to
Pass through you
While you speak

Walking I write a book
I try to listen to something
That cannot reach my ears
There is a girl under the ground
With my feet I decode her voice
Maybe she is a Eurydice
Or another little lost one
A little free one
And I am an Orpheus who has accepted wandering
I don’t need to see her in order to believe
A girl made of stones
Born from the father’s head
Breaking the skull without a sound
And unarmed
To whom I give movement
Inside the landscape
And inside the poem
I introduce myself to an unknown person
Something lighter than presence
And she speaks

(From the forthcoming poetry collection, The Book of Soil)

Translated by the author, Edward Smallfield and Valerie Coulton


Το εύρημα

Πολλοί τόποι ταυτόχρονα

Είναι δυνατόν να κατοικηθούν

Παρόλο που είναι αθέατοι.

Μπορεί και μια ζωή

να επιμένει λανθάνοντας

σαν μια γλώσσα που ετοιμάζεται να σε διασχίσει

ενώ εσύ μιλάς

Περπατώντας γράφω ένα βιβλίο

Προσπαθώ να αφουγκραστώ κάτι

Που δεν μπορεί να φτάσει στ’αυτιά μου

Υπάρχει ένα κορίτσι κάτω απ’το χώμα

Με τα πέλματά μου αποκρυπτογραφώ τη φωνή της

Ίσως είναι μια Ευρυδίκη

Ή μια άλλη μικρή χαμένη

Μικρή ελεύθερη

Κι εγώ ένας Ορφέας που έχει αποδεχτεί την περιπλάνηση

Δεν χρειάζεται να τη δώ για να πιστέψω

Ένα κορίτσι πέτρινο

Γεννημένο απ’του πατέρα το κεφάλι

Σπάζοντας το κρανίο χωρίς θόρυβο

Και άοπλο

Που κινείται από μένα

Μέσα στο τοπίο

Και μέσα στο ποίημα

Συστήνω στον εαυτό μου ένα πρόσωπο άγνωστο

Κάτι πιο ελαφρό από παρουσία

Και μιλάει.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου